Experience journey map
Use this experience map to understand and manage your current user experiences.
What is the experience journey map template?
We’ve all heard of a customer journey map, but did you know you can visualize your customer’s experience on an even deeper level? The Lucidspark customer experience journey map template lets you take a holistic, all-encompassing look at the end user’s experience with your product in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
Using our template, your team can fill in touch points throughout the customer journey to evaluate participants and reactions at each stage. You can also add more depth to your understanding of the user experience using valuable add-ons like:
- Moments that Matter: Critical moments in the user journey that prompt positive or negative emotions and influence decisions.
- Moments of Truth: Any moment when a user may form an impression of your brand.
- Moments that Matter Explanation: The explanation of why each Moment that Matters was chosen and why it is important to the user experience.
Why use the experience journey map template?
The customer experience journey map template can help you better understand your end users’ experience with your product in order to identify blindspots, areas that are working well, and opportunities for growth. This is especially helpful in instances where you’re aware a problem exists, but you may not be sure exactly where to start looking.
Understanding the customer’s experience is the first step towards building brand loyalty. By empathizing with your customer at key points within their journey, you can begin to understand how people view your brand and how they feel when they interact with it, letting you create a well-rounded experience that reflects your brand at every turn.
Our collaborative template lets you share perspectives from relevant teams and stakeholders, so everyone from marketing to engineering can better focus their work on creating a positive interaction with end users.
How to use the experience journey map template in Lucidspark
Here’s how to get started with our experience journey map template:
- Name the experience you’re evaluating and identify the specific end user or participant.
- Record the chronological progression of the experience by dividing it into touchpoints (instances in which a participant interacts with designed experience elements).
- Identify real participant reactions for each respective touchpoint.
- Determine which people and/or things make each touchpoint happen.
- Identify multiple Moments that Matter and Moments of Truth throughout the experience.
- Explain the Moments that Matter and why you chose them.
To complete this collaboratively, share with your team and take advantage of Lucidspark’s features like emoji reactions, comments, sticky notes, and more. Finally, use the insights you’ve collected to make a plan for improvement.