Strategic change canvas
Follow this step-by-step strategic change canvas to take action and achieve change.
What is the strategic change canvas?
When an organization or team decides to undergo significant change, it’s important to take deliberate steps to mitigate risk and align the organization on the reasons for the change in the first place. A strategic change canvas is a single document that articulates the vision for change, the importance of change, a measure of success, impacts, and risks.
Benefits of the strategic change canvas template
When your team is in need of change, it’s important to prove to stakeholders that the change is necessary. Beyond just convincing your team of change, however, the template is important for:
- Outlining steps. Strategic change is overwhelming, but this template includes activities that make it an easier task to tackle.
- Sharing. A template is easy to share with your team and stakeholders to collaboratively make decisions and use for different use cases.
- Aligning. The template can be used as a north star document throughout the change, keeping everyone in agreement about what steps need to be taken and reminding the team of the reasons for change in the first place.
How to use the strategic change canvas template in Lucidspark
- Use Lucidspark’s Paths feature, following the “Strategic change” path, to walk through the different activities step-by-step.
- Use collaborator colors, emoji reactions, and comments to fill out the template as a team. You can also use voting to reach group decisions.
- Use the “vision for change” activity and the “importance of change” activity to narrow down your vision. On sticky notes, write key takeaways within the vision section of the strategic change canvas.
- Use the “measures of success” activity to determine the top four qualities of your cohort (either qualitative or quantitative). Put key findings in the success section of the strategic change canvas.
- Use the “impacts and risks” activity to plot the impacts of each risk. Put key findings in the impacts section of the strategic change canvas.
- Use the “support through change activity” to determine next steps. Write findings in the support section of the strategic change canvas.