Start, continue, stop retrospective
Adapt your workflow with this start, continue, stop template. Have each team member write a concrete proposal for each category, vote on all items using emoji reactions, discuss and create action items.
What is the start, continue, stop retrospective?
The Lucidspark start, continue, stop retrospective is a customizable template designed to help your team reflect on your latest project or experience productively. Led by a facilitator, the retrospective gives team members a platform to discuss what work items can be added, continued, or removed in order to optimize productivity, enhance communication, and foster teamwork.
Benefits of using the start, continue, stop retrospective
We designed our start, continue, stop retrospective to be a flexible, customizable way to align your team on where you’ve come from and where you want to go. Our template makes it easy to collaborate with your entire team, whether you’re working in the same room or remotely, and highlight ideas that might otherwise go unnoticed in traditional retrospectives. In just a few minutes, you and your team can come to a better understanding of what you’re doing well, as well as what you need to do better.
How to use the start, continue, stop retrospective in Lucidspark
Here’s a step-by-step guide for getting started with a start, continue, stop retrospective:
- Following the completion of a project or experience, open the start, continue, stop retrospective template.
- Record your retrospective’s facilitator, then outline your agenda and time expectations for each item.
- Discuss what was accomplished during your project or experience as a team. You can use this time to highlight notable achievements, as well as what you could’ve done better as a team.
- Following your discussion, start a timer and have individuals ideate silently on:
- Things you’d like to start implementing as a team
- Things you’d like to continue doing as a team
- Things you’d like to stop as a team
- Give individuals a chance to share their thoughts. Ask your team to vote on items using emoji reactions.
- Using Lucidspark Cards, create action items out of the suggestions your team agrees on, then come up with a plan to follow up on each action item.